BEi’s SES personnel can help you find a job that’s just right for you. If you would like to work in the community, they will:
- evaluate your interests and abilities.
- carefully match your abilities with job requirements of a local business or industry.
- set up a 4-8 hour job sampling (see next question) for you accompanied by a “job coach” who will help teach you how to do what is necessary to meet the job requirements.
- continue to have a “job coach” accompany you once hired on the job until the job coach, you and the employer are satisfied that you can independently do the work that is expected for that position.
- provide ongoing monitoring to assure that your work continues to meet the performance standards of the employer and to make sure that you’re happy with the employer and the work which you’re expected to do.
- continue to provide training and counseling support for as long as you remain employed.